March 2017 GPASI Regular Meeting
Friday March 31st, 2017
A big thanks to Rich Terrell for setting up this night for us.
The Pittsburgh Zoo's PPG Aquarium will be hosting GPASI for an evening to
view the exhibits and see some behind-the-scenes areas. This is still a great benefit of your GPASI dues. PPG Aquarium Aquarist (and GPASI member), Rich Terrell, will be giving a brief presentation on the important conservation work at the PPG Aquarium.
GPASI members and immediate family are to gather at the Main Pittsburgh Zoo gates at 6:30 pm on
Friday March 31 to be escorted up to the PPG Aquarium. Rich's presentation will start soon after the group arrives at the PPG Aquarium, followed by time for club members to wander the building and
experience some behind-the-scenes areas.The event will end at 9:00pm.
Only paid GPASI members and their immediate families will be permitted to attend.
ABSOLUTELY NO LIVE ANIMALS OR PLANTS are permitted to be brought on zoo grounds.So please do not bring BAP fish, fish or plant trades, etc. You will not be allowed to bring them into the zoo and the weather may not be appropriate to leave them in your vehicle.
We are loo king forward to seeing you all!
Greater Pittsburgh Aquarium Society, Inc.
Spring Auction 2017
Spring Auction 2017
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Sunday April 30th, 2017 at:
Garden City Hall
600 Garden City Dr
Monroeville, PA 15146
Doors open at 8:00am
Registration begins at 9:30am
Auction begins at 11:00am
- Accounts must be paid in full before you leave the auction. PAYMENT OPTIONS - Cash, Check, Credit Card.
- Buyers may set up a TAB (with valid ID), or pay cash at the time of winning bid purchase.
- Bids will be in dollar increments.
- A FOUR Color dot system will be used to assure a fair mix of different items.
- $3 EXPRESS BIDS: After the end of the First Table, buyers/sellers may pay a $3 cash fee to have the item auction off immediately during the auction.
- DONATIONS: Please specify donations as “Donation” or “Marzina Fund.”
- Any items not claimed or left behind become property of GPASI.
- NO PRIVATE SALES. NO RESALE OF PURCHASED AUCTION ITEMS. PLEASE KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BIDDING ON BEFORE BIDDING AS ALL SALES ARE FINAL, Buyer Beware. GPASI does not guarantee any item and is not responsible for any loss..
- Split is 70% to the seller and 30% to GPASI for bags $2 or more.
- Bags that sell for $1 the split is 0% seller, 100% GPASI.
- Bags are to be labeled with an alpha numeric numbering system (ex. ABC 01, ABC 02).
- The seller chooses the 3 letters and bags are numbered in ascending sequence. Please ASK the registration table if your 3 Letter seller code has been already taken.
- All sellers MUST register BEFORE taking your items to the “Check In” tables. Bags MUST be marked Clearly with the following: Bag Number, Your Name, Phone Number or Email Address, Scientific name of Fish, Common Name (if applicable), and actual number of fish in bag. BAGS WITHOUT THIS INFO WILL BE CHARGED $3 TO BE CORRECTLY LABELED OR WILL NOT BE AUCTIONED.
- Appropriate terminology: PAIR = 1 male and 1 female of same species, MATED PAIR = pair that has spawned, TRIO = 1 male and 2 females of same species, REVERSE TRIO = 2 males and 1 female of same species.
- Sellers MUST bring items to be auctioned off to the “Check In” tables. Do not place bags on any colored tables.
- GPASI reserves the right to refuse sale of obviously sick/deformed fish, fish that are to small / young or fish regulated by the state of PA.
- All Equipment should be labeled as to its conditions ( Example: New, Used, Works, Noisy, Leaks, etc).
- If an item does NOT sell, it will be set aside and will NOT come up for sale again.
- All fish MUST be housed in suitable bags/buckets. NO Ziplocs or Baggies or buckets without lids.
- Catfish, cichlids, and others with sharp spines MUST be DOUBLE BAGGED.
- $3 REBAGGING FEE - for fish improperly bagged - Play it safe and double bag everything!
- Sellers are limited (per household) 5 BAGS OF ANY SPECIES OR COLOR/FIN TYPE OR ITEM TYPE. This will be enforced! Extra bags/items will NOT be sold.
- Sellers may not remove items placed in the auction after they have been checked in.
- Seller’s proceed check will be mailed to the address given to GPASI at registration table.
April 2017 GPASI Regular Meeting
Friday April 28th, 2016
MEETING LOCATION HAS MOVED see bottom for directions..